Sunday, October 29, 2006

Tibetan Kids Vlogging!

Tibetan Kids Vhttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.giflogging!
direct .mov file

We've had some flaky internet the last couple days. Moving around from a family's house to a hotel where we have internet thanks to the German hackers who wired up a mesh network over there. Hurray for wifi hackers!!

Check it out though, we've been teaching some Tibetan teenagers how to vlog. It's a difficult task when they have a computer lab full of donated PCs with Windows 98 on them. Thank goodness some folks donated a Mac mini so it'll be possible to edit and upload some imovie fun. Check out what they've done so far at http://tcvvideo.blip.tv.

I'm getting a little homesick and last night Jay had cold chills and couldn't sleep. Getting sick in India sucks and we hope it's not malaria. Please god, not malaria.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you two! Looks like you're doing great work over there, in spite of the technical difficulties. It also looks like it got colder? Maybe Jay just has a cold?

Mike Ambs said...

This is so great! I can't wait to go watch what they've put up :)

Verdi said...

I love that videoblogging can be so instant. There it is on Blip right after you upload and then it's so cool that I can go and watch it too. Simple.

Anonymous said...

Ey, I love it.
Is there a way were the videoblogging community can donate maybe old computers and accessories to help these guys?

I have an old G3 and if I could know it was going to get to them for sure, I would donate it.

Maybe we can bug Apple to donate some iMacs... am I dreaming?

missbhavens said...

"it's like learning a-b-c!"

I love it.

Anonymous said...

Ryan! you are rocking my world! The shit you're doing is top notch. You've been in my thoughts a whole lot lately, love to you. Hope Jay feels better soon. Much love, Jannelle

ryanne said...

Jannelle???
hey!!!
do you have an email address
please email me!!

ryanne.hodson@gmail.com